H/S Architects is looking for talented young professional interns to join our Hammond and New Orleans Studio practice. The team members we are looking for should have a self starter mentality, the desire to passionately embrace work, offer creative thoughts and have the self-confidence & maturity to work in a team environment. Collaboration and communication skills are required.
The intern’s duties will include offering input on design work, developing graphic models, constructing 3-dimensional models, accurately preparing project construction documents; communicating with and coordinating the preparation of documents with consultants, contractors, team members; reviewing shop drawings, project submittals, etc. for document compliance; documenting code review and compliance; communicating and coordinating with management, clients, consultants and contractors related to daily business operations.
Candidate must have excellent graphic, written and verbal communication skills and possess a strong desire to excel and advance in a fast paced, challenging and client focused environment. This is an excellent opportunity for professional growth and career advancement within an award winning architectural firm. We offer a highly competitive salary and benefits package.
These are excellent opportunities for those who consider themselves to be entrepreneurial overachievers. An aggressive, client oriented personality with a knack for creative problem solving will succeed in this position.
- Must have an Architectural degree
- A minimum of 3 years of professional experience, 5 years preferred.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in using Revit Architecture.
- Ability to use ACAD, Photoshop, SketchUp or other 3D Modeling, Animation, Rendering computer graphics programs a plus.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure, juggle and prioritize multiple projects and adjust work accordingly, often against tight deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact with senior management, external client organizations and vendors